With the advancement in artificial intelligence available to businesses of any size through the use of technology like automated live chat and messenger bots, businesses are now able to create more sophisticated marketing and eCommerce automation sequences. (order fulfillment center) By adding in the feel of a live person helping the customer throughout their journey through your sales funnel, you’ll ensure that new customers convert at higher rates. For example, Kit, a Shopify app, automates marketing such as Facebook ads.
For most businesses, marketing automation involves a series of content aimed at selling the customer on one or more products. (order fulfillment center)An example of marketing automation would be to set up a sales funnel where:
- Visitors land upon a specific blog post about upcoming spring fashion trends.
- Visitors are encouraged to enter their email address to receive a free spring fashion look-book. (order fulfillment center)
- The new subscriber receives a series of welcome emails, explaining the different styles for this spring. Each email includes an item that the subscriber can purchase at your online store.
- If the subscriber goes to your product page from the link in the email, adds the item to their shopping cart, but stalls, a live chat bot will ask them if they need assistance.
- If the subscriber goes to your product page from the link in the email, adds the item to their shopping cart, and doesn’t make the purchase, they will receive another email to get 10% off of one item. (order fulfillment center)
- If the subscriber goes to your product page from the link in the email, adds the item to their shopping cart, and doesn’t make the purchase, they will see display ads on Facebook and the Google Display Network of the product they added to their cart.
As you can see, the goal of marketing automation is to take new customers from just getting to know you to reminding them of the products they’re most interested in via email and re targeting ads. (order fulfillment center)Based on what you sell, there are lots of different ways to use content to guide new customers to their first purchase.